The Office of the Ombudsman provides a variety of resources for Department of State employees. An overview of these services can be found on this page. Employees can access more information through the Department intranet.
When Do You Need an Ombudsman?
- Want to address a concern early, before it escalates or worsens.
- Are unclear about the Department’s policies and procedures and how they apply to you.
- Are uncertain where to take a work problem.
- Want an independent facilitator to assist you in working through a problem.
- Want help in addressing an issue in a non-adversarial manner.
- Feel you have been treated unfairly.