Office of the Coordinator for Cyber Issues
In partnership with other countries, the State Department is leading the U.S. Government’s efforts to promote an open, interoperable, secure, and reliable information and communications infrastructure that supports international trade and commerce, strengthens international security, and fosters free expression and innovation.
To more effectively advance the full range of U.S. interests in cyberspace, the Office of the Coordinator for Cyber Issues (S/CCI) was established in February 2011.
Office of the Coordinator for Cyber Issues (State/S/CCI)
S/CCI brings together the many elements in the State Department working on cyber issues. Its responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the Department's global diplomatic engagement on cyber issues
- Serving as the Department's liaison to the White House and federal departments and agencies on these issues
- Advising the Secretary and Deputy Secretaries on cyber issues and engagements
- Acting as liaison to public and private sector entities on cyber issues
- Coordinating the work of regional and functional bureaus within the Department engaged in these areas
Contact us at SCCI_Press@state.gov.