Second Global COVID-19 Summit Commitments
The second Global COVID-19 Summit, co-hosted by United States, Belize, Germany, Indonesia, and Senegal, convened over partners and organizations from around the world to accelerate collective efforts to get shots into arms, enhance access to tests and treatments, protect the health workforce, and finance and build health security for future pandemics and other health crises.
The Summit garnered new financial commitments totaling $3.2 billion, not yet announced, above and beyond pledges made to date in 2022. This includes nearly $2.5 billion for COVID-19 and related response activities and $715 million in new commitments toward a new pandemic preparedness and global health security fund at the World Bank. (Note: This builds on $250 million previously pledged for this fund.) We encourage partners to join, as much more is needed to control COVID-19 and build better health security.
Please see here for the full list of Summit commitments.
Please see here for the United States Fact Sheet for the COVID-19 Summit.
Commitment Video Statements
- Abt Associates
- Access to Advanced Health Institute and ImmunityBio
- Cote d’Ivoire
- COVID Collaborative
- European Commission
- Friends of the Global Fight
- Global Health Technologies Coalition
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- International Rescue Committee
- Management Sciences for Health
- Merck & Co.
- Pandemic Action Network
- Pfizer Inc.
- Platform for ACT-A Civil Society & Community Representatives
- Private Sector Roundtable on Global Health Security (PSRT)
- Sabin Vaccine Institute
- Sierra Leone & Seed Global
- The Task Force for Global Health
- Women in Global Health