Travel to California, October 16-17, 2022
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken, joined by Ambassador at Large for Cyberspace and Digital Policy Nate Fick and Assistant Secretary for Economic and Business Affairs Ramin Toloui, traveled to the San Francisco Bay Area October 16-17 to highlight the key role for technology diplomacy in advancing U.S. economic and national security.
At Stanford University, Secretary Blinken and Condoleezza Rice, the 66th Secretary of State, engaged in a conversation on the evolution and importance of technology, diplomacy, and national security. Secretary Blinken also met students to discuss the value of public service and STEM careers at the State Department.
While at Stanford, Secretary Blinken also visited the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory to learn about the world-class research being conducted at the Lab, which helps to drive technological advancements that are key to U.S. interests. He also highlighted U.S. leadership in international science and technology.
Finally, Secretary Blinken visited Applied Materials, a U.S. company that is a global leader in semiconductor manufacturing equipment. He toured the company’s Maydan Technology Center, an R&D lab producing innovations critical to the supply chain for advanced chips.
- October 17, 2022 Remarks to the Press
- October 17, 2022 Remarks at a University Recruitment Event
- October 17, 2022 A Conversation on the Evolution and Importance of Technology, Diplomacy, and National Security with 66th Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
- October 17, 2022 Remarks at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
- October 17, 2022 Public Schedule – October 17, 2022