Travel to Mexico and Indiana, September 12-13, 2022
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken traveled to Mexico City, Mexico on September 12 to co-chair the 2022 U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue (HLED). Secretary Blinken, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo, and Deputy U.S. Trade Representative Jayme White along with other senior U.S. government officials joined their Mexican counterparts for a bilateral dialogue and stakeholder engagements. Under Secretary for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment Jose W. Fernandez and Assistant Secretary for Western Hemisphere Affairs Brian A. Nichols accompanied Secretary Blinken on this trip.
While in Mexico, Secretary Blinken also met bilaterally with Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard.
Secretary Blinken made a joint visit to Purdue University with U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo to highlight the Passage of the CHIPS and Science Act. The bipartisan CHIPS and Science Act, passed by Congress and signed into law by President Biden last month, will strengthen America’s industries of the future, bolster supply chains, help address shortages of goods and rising prices, and protect our national and economic security. Please see the White House release for more information on the CHIPS and Science Act. While at Purdue University, Secretary Blinken participated in a panel discussion with Secretary Raimondo, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb, Senator Todd Young, and Purdue University President Mitch Daniels to discuss U.S. leadership in technologies of the future.
While at Purdue University, Secretary Blinken and Secretary Raimondo visited the student-organized Industrial Roundtable job fair that gathers over 12,000 engineering, science, and technology students to recruit America’s top STEM talent into public service. Secretary Blinken also met separately with Purdue students to discuss STEM careers and paid student programs at the U.S. Department of State.
- September 13, 2022 Remarks at a State Department Careers Event at Purdue University
- September 13, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken Remarks to the Press
- September 13, 2022 A Moderated Conversation on Semiconductors and the CHIPS and Science Act
- September 12, 2022 Secretary Blinken and Secretary Raimondo Visit Purdue University
- September 12, 2022 Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken, Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo, Mexican Secretary of Economy Tatiana Clouthier, and Mexican Secretary of Foreign Affairs Marcelo Ebrard at a Joint Press Availability
- September 12, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken Before the Second Annual High-Level Economic Dialogue
- September 12, 2022 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Mexican President López Obrador
- September 12, 2022 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Mexican Foreign Secretary Ebrard
- September 12, 2022 Public Schedule – September 13, 2022
- September 12, 2022 Public Schedule – September 12, 2022
- September 12, 2022 Secretary Blinken to Travel to Mexico and Indiana
- September 8, 2022 Secretary Blinken to Travel to Mexico to Co-Chair the 2022 U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue
- September 9, 2022 On-The-Record Briefing: Assistant Secretary for Western Hemisphere Affairs Brian Nichols Previewing Secretary Blinken’s Travel to Mexico