Travel to New York City and Germany, February 17-19, 2022
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken traveled to New York City and Munich, Germany, February 17 to 19, 2022.
The Secretary traveled to New York City on February 17. He delivered remarks on Russia’s threat to peace and security, at a UN Security Council meeting, from UN Headquarters.
In Munich February 18 to 19, Secretary Blinken attended the Munich Security Conference. On the sidelines of the Conference, the Secretary had the opportunity to discuss with Allies and partners our coordinated, ongoing efforts to urge Russia to deescalate and choose the path of diplomacy as well as our readiness to impose severe costs should Russia further invade Ukraine. The Secretary reaffirmed our support for Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. He had bilateral meetings with his counterparts to address our commitment to transatlantic coordination to strengthen European security and other ongoing global challenges.
- February 19, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken With Ekaterina Kotrikadze of Dozhd TV
- February 19, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken With Stefan Kornelius of Süddeutsche Zeitung
- February 19, 2022 Secretary Blinken’s Trilateral Meeting with Australian Foreign Minister Payne and UK Foreign Secretary Truss on AUKUS
- February 19, 2022 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with French Foreign Minister Le Drian
- February 19, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken And French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian Before Their Meeting
- February 18, 2022 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Qatari Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Al Thani
- February 18, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken and German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock at the Munich Security Conference
- February 18, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Qatari Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani Before Their Meeting
New York City