Travel to Pennsylvania, September 29-30, 2021
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken traveled to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on September 29 to serve as a co-chair, alongside Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo and United States Trade Representative Katherine Tai, of the inaugural U.S.-EU Trade and Technology Council (TTC) Ministerial. They met with the European Union co-chairs, European Commission Executive Vice Presidents Margrethe Vestager and Valdis Dombrovski, to advance shared democratic values, expand and deepen our transatlantic trade and investment ties, and update the rules of the road for the 21st century economy.
On September 30, Secretary Blinken joined the U.S. and EU co-chairs to visit Argo AI, an autonomous driving technology company. He visited the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Vaccine Research to highlight the critical role of U.S. innovation in addressing global challenges. Secretary Blinken also met with local labor leaders to discuss the goals and outcomes of the TTC and hear their perspectives on issues such as trade, workforce development, green technology, and the digital economy.
- September 30, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken With Jon Delano of KDKA-TV Pittsburgh
- September 30, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken Remarks to the Press
- September 30, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken Opening Remarks at a Local Labor Roundtable
- September 29, 2021 Remarks After the U.S.-EU Trade and Technology Council Ministerial
- September 29, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken Remarks at the Workforce Management into Tech Jobs Roundtable
- September 28, 2021 The United States-European Union Trade and Technology Council