Travel to Qatar, November 21-22, 2022
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken traveled to Qatar on November 21-22 to launch the fifth annual U.S. – Qatar Strategic Dialogue. He also recognized Qatar’s important contribution to international sports diplomacy as it hosts the World Cup. The Secretary met with senior Qatari officials, including Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani. He reiterated U.S. appreciation for the long-standing partnership between the United States and Qatar and discussed a range of priorities, including global health, humanitarian assistance, international development, labor and human rights, security cooperation, climate change, and trade and investment. The Secretary cheered on the U.S. Men’s National Team in its first game of the World Cup, as the United States took on Wales.
- November 22, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken And Qatari Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Mohammed Bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani at a Joint Press Availability
- November 22, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken Remarks to the Press
- November 21, 2022 Secretary Antony J. Blinken at a Sports Diplomacy Event
- November 20, 2022 The United States and Qatar: Strategic Partners Advancing Peace and Security
- November 18, 2022 Briefing on Secretary Blinken’s Upcoming Travel to Qatar