Travel to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, India, Japan, and the Republic of Korea, June 23-30, 2019
- Secretary Pompeo traveled to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, India, Japan, and the Republic of Korea June 23-30 to discuss issues of regional and mutual concern, and to broaden and deepen our partnerships with key countries to advance our shared goal of a free and open Indo-Pacific region.
- In Jeddah, Secretary Pompeo met with King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud to discuss ways to counter the malign Iranian influence in the region.
- In Abu Dhabi, Secretary Pompeo met with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to discuss heightened tensions in the region and the need to support maritime security.
- In Kabul, Secretary Pompeo met with President Ashraf Ghani, Chief Executive Abdullah, former President Karzai, and others including representatives from opposition parties and civil society, to discuss next steps in the Afghan Peace Process.
- In New Delhi, Secretary Pompeo met with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Minister of External Affairs S. Jaishankar to discuss our ambitious agenda for the U.S.-India strategic partnership. Prime Minister Modi’s recent election victory provides an excellent opportunity for him to implement his vision for a strong and prosperous India that plays a leading role on the global stage.
- Next, Secretary Pompeo traveled to Osaka to participate in the G-20 Leaders’ Summit, the first such gathering hosted by Japan. On the margins of the Summit, Secretary Pompeo joined President Trump in a meeting with Prime Minister Abe to coordinate on the final, fully verified denuclearization of North Korea and to discuss ways to strengthen trilateral cooperation with the Republic of Korea on our unified approach toward the DPRK and other shared challenges.
- Following the G-20, Secretary Pompeo accompanied President Trump to the Republic of Korea to meet with President Moon Jae-in. The two leaders also discussed ways to strengthen the United States-Republic of Korea alliance. President Trump and President Moon continued their close coordination on efforts to achieve the final, fully verified denuclearization of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
Republic of Korea
- June 30, 2019 Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo Remarks to Press
- June 26, 2019 America and India: Embracing an Age of Ambition
- June 26, 2019 Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo With Raj Chengappa of India Today
- June 26, 2019 Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo And Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar At a Press Availability
- June 26, 2019 Secretary Pompeo’s Meeting With Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- June 25, 2019 Secretary Pompeo Travels to India to Deepen Our Strategic Partnership
- June 25, 2019 Remarks at a Press Availability
United Arab Emirates
- June 24, 2019 Secretary Pompeo’s Meetings With King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud
- June 24, 2019 Joint Statement by Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States on Yemen and the Region
- June 24, 2019 Houthi Attack on Abha Airport
Press Statement and Remarks
- June 29, 2019 Public Schedule – June 30, 2019
- June 28, 2019 Public Schedule – June 29, 2019
- June 27, 2019 Public Schedule – June 28, 2019
- June 26, 2019 Public Schedule – June 27, 2019
- June 25, 2019 Public Schedule – June 26, 2019
- June 24, 2019 Public Schedule – June 25, 2019
- June 23, 2019 Public Schedule – June 24, 2019