Travel to the United Kingdom and Denmark, July 20-22, 2020
Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo traveled to London, U.K., and Copenhagen, Denmark, July 20 to July 22.
While in London, Secretary Pompeo met with Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to discuss global priorities, including the COVID-19 economic recovery plans, issues related to the People’s Republic of China (P.R.C.) and Hong Kong, and the U.S.-U.K. Free Trade Agreement negotiations.
In Copenhagen on July 22, Secretary Pompeo met with Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen to discuss the pandemic, the P.R.C., and other matters. The Secretary also met with Danish Minister of Foreign Affairs Jeppe Kofod, Faroese Minister of Foreign Affairs and Education Jenis av Rana, and Greenlandic Minister of Foreign Affairs and Energy Steen Lynge to discuss opportunities for closer cooperation between the United States and the Kingdom of Denmark in key areas of mutual concern.
- July 22, 2020 Secretary Michael R. Pompeo With Johannes Langkilde of DR1
- July 22, 2020 Secretary Michael R. Pompeo at a Press Availability with Danish Foreign Minister Jeppe Kofod
- July 22, 2020 Secretary Pompeo’s Meeting with the Foreign Ministers of Denmark, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands
- July 22, 2020 Secretary Pompeo’s Meeting with Danish Prime Minister Frederiksen
- July 21, 2020 Secretary Pompeo Travels to Denmark to Deepen Our Historic Alliance
- July 21, 2020 Secretary Michael R. Pompeo and British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab at a Press Availability
- July 21, 2020 Secretary Pompeo’s Meeting With U.K. Prime Minister Johnson
- July 20, 2020 Secretary Pompeo Travels to the United Kingdom To Discuss Transatlantic Partnership on Global Priorities