Travel to Trinidad and Tobago, and Guyana, July 5-6, 2023
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken traveled to Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago July 5, 2023. Secretary Blinken participated in the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Heads of Government meeting and the 50th Anniversary of CARICOM celebration. Building on Vice President Harris’ historic June 8 visit to The Bahamas, where she co-hosted the U.S.-Caribbean Leaders Meeting, Secretary Blinken engaged on pressing issues in the region with the represented heads of governments, including Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley, and incoming CARICOM Chair and Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit.
On July 6, Secretary Blinken traveled to Georgetown, Guyana to meet with President Dr. Mohamed Irfaan Ali, Foreign Minister Hugh Todd, and key members of the cabinet to discuss priority bilateral issues including food and energy security and decarbonization, climate resilience, regional migration, and building local capacity.
Trinidad and Tobago
- July 6, 2023 Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Prime Minister Keith Rowley Before Their Meeting
- July 6, 2023 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister Rowley
- July 5, 2023 Secretary Blinken and Haitian Prime Minister Ariel Henry Before Their Meeting
- July 5, 2023 Secretary Blinken at HADCO Phase II Panyard
- July 5, 2023 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Haitian Prime Minister Henry
- July 5, 2023 Secretary Blinken’s Remarks at the CARICOM Plenary
- July 5, 2023 Secretary Blinken Travels to Trinidad and Tobago