Virtual Travel to Mexico and Canada, February 26, 2021
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken embarked on his first “virtual trip,” visiting Mexico and Canada on February 26. Secretary Blinken’s virtual travel prioritized the health and safety of everyone involved, while demonstrating the significance of our partnerships with our neighbors and some of our closest partners.
The United States and Mexico enjoy a strong partnership, and this trip reinforced the importance of that relationship under the Biden Administration. During his trip to Mexico, Secretary Blinken met individually with Secretary of Foreign Affairs Marcelo Ebrard and Secretary of Economy Tatiana Clouthier. He spoke with his Mexican counterparts about our bilateral trade relationship, shared security challenges, regional migration, climate change, and other issues of mutual interest. During a visit to the Paso Del Norte port of entry — which links El Paso, Texas, and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico — Secretary Blinken and Foreign Secretary Ebrard discussed cooperation between Mexico and the United States to manage migration flows and travel across the U.S.-Mexico border.
From Mexico, Secretary Blinken traveled virtually to Canada, with whom we enjoy a close a comprehensive bilateral relationship. We are neighbors, friends, and allies. During his visit, Secretary Blinken followed up on the outcomes of President Biden’s meeting with Prime Minister Trudeau — his first virtual bilateral meeting as President — including the U.S.-Canada Partnership Roadmap the leaders jointly announced on Tuesday. Secretary Blinken met with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Foreign Minister Marc Garneau and other cabinet members. They discussed a common approach to global challenges such as protecting our citizens from the pandemic and reinvigorating our economies, taking bold action on climate change, defending human rights in the Western Hemisphere and around the world, and bolstering our shared defense and security. Secretary Blinken also met with students to discuss opportunities and policy options for our two nations.
- February 26, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken at a Press Availability
- February 26, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken Virtual Discussion with Students on Ice
- February 22, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken to U.S. Mission Canada
- February 26, 2021 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau
- February 26, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken And Canadian Foreign Minister Marc Garneau Before Their Meeting
- February 26, 2021 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Canadian Foreign Minister Garneau
- February 26, 2021 The United States and Canada: Neighbors, Friends, and Allies
- February 26, 2021 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Mexican Secretary of Economy Clouthier
- February 26, 2021 Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Mexican Foreign Secretary Ebrard
- February 26, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Mexican Secretary of Economy Tatiana Clouthier Before Their Meeting
- February 26, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard Before Their Meeting
- February 25, 2021 The United States and Mexico: Strategic Partners and Neighbors
- February 23, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken at “Enter Mexico” Through El Paso/Ciudad Juarez Port of Entry Tour
- February 22, 2021 Secretary Antony J. Blinken to U.S. Mission Mexico
- February 25, 2021 Public Schedule – February 26, 2021