Mississippi Fast Facts
Supporting American Travelers
- Passports issued to Mississippi residents in fiscal year 2021 (October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2021): 46,504. – Learn how to apply for a passport at travel.state.gov.
- Locations to apply for a passport in Mississippi: 91. – Find a location to apply for a passport at travel.state.gov.
Building Global Ties
- Department exchange visitors from overseas who visited Mississippi in the 2020 program year: 100. – Learn more about exchange programs for non-U.S. citizens at exchanges.state.gov.
- Mississippi residents who traveled overseas through Department-funded educational and cultural exchanges in the 2020 program year: 4. – Learn more about exchange programs for U.S. citizens at exchanges.state.gov.
Investing in the American Economy
- Goods exported from Mississippi in fiscal year 2020 (October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020): $10.2 billion.
- Mississippi jobs supported by foreign direct investments in the state in fiscal year 2018 (October 1, 2017 - September 30, 2018): approximately 39,700 jobs. – Explore import and export data from the U.S. Census.
- The Department, in partnership with agencies across the federal government, creates jobs for American workers by opening markets and eliminating trade barriers overseas, and by attracting foreign direct investment to the United States. – Learn more about the global aspects of the U.S. economy at state.gov.
More State Impacts and Articles
- The Department’s impact on Mississippi goes back many years. – Learn more about previous years by visiting our 2017-2021 state.gov archive.
- The Department also encourages global audiences to connect with America. – Learn more about how the Department promotes Mississippi around the world.