Memorandum of Consultations
- On December 4, 2017, representatives of the United States and Jamaica met and agreed, ad referendum, on the text of an agreement to amend the U.S.-Jamaica Air Transport Agreement signed on October 30, 2008 (the “Agreement to Amend”) (both attached). The delegations intend to submit the proposed Agreement to Amend to their respective authorities for approval with the goal of signing it in Jamaica on a date to be mutually agreed.
- The delegations further expressed the intent of their respective aeronautical authorities to permit operations consistent with the terms of the Agreement to Amend on the basis of comity and reciprocity, from the date of signature of this Memorandum of Consultations, pending the signing and entry into force of the Agreement to Amend.
For the United States Delegation:
For the Jamaica Delegation:
AGREEMENT AMENDING THE
AIR TRANSPORT AGREEMENT
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
THE GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA
The Government of the United States of America and the Government of Jamaica (hereinafter, “the Parties”);
Desiring to modernize and strengthen their bilateral aviation relationship and to expand all-cargo international air transport opportunities in order to facilitate increased and more efficient commerce and trade;
Have agreed to amend the Annexes to the Air Transport Agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of Jamaica, signed at Kingston on October 30, 2008 (“the Agreement”), as follows:
Amendments to Annex I (“Scheduled Air Transportation”)
In Annex I to the Agreement:
1. Section 1, paragraph A shall be deleted and replaced with the following:
A. Routes for the airline or airlines designated by the Government of the United States:
From points behind the United States via the United States and intermediate points to any point or points in Jamaica and beyond; and for all-cargo service, between Jamaica and any point or points.
2. Section 1, paragraph B shall be deleted and replaced with the following:
B. Routes for the airline or airlines designated by the Government of Jamaica:
From points behind Jamaica via Jamaica and intermediate points to any point or points in the United States and beyond; and for all-cargo service, between the United States and any point or points.
3. Section 2 shall be amended by deleting the final clause and replacing it with the following:
without directional or geographic limitation and without loss of any right to carry traffic otherwise permissible under this Agreement; provided that, with the exception of all-cargo services, the service serves a point in the territory of the Party designating the airline.
4. Section 3 shall be deleted and replaced with the following:
Change of Gauge
On any segment or segments of the routes above, any designated airline may perform international air transportation without any limitation as to change, at any point on the route, in type or number of aircraft operated; provided that, with the exception of all-cargo services, in the outbound direction, the transportation beyond such point is a continuation of the transportation from the territory of the Party that has designated the airline and, in the inbound direction, the transportation to the territory of the Party that has designated the airline is a continuation of the transportation from beyond such point.
Entry into Force
This agreement shall enter into force on the date of signature.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned, being duly authorized by their respective Governments, have signed this agreement.
DONE at _____________, this _______day of ________, 20__, in two originals, in the English language.
|FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA||FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF JAMAICA|