AGREEMENT AMENDING THE AIR TRANSPORT AGREEMENT
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SURINAME
The Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Republic of Suriname (hereinafter, the “Parties”);
Desiring to modernize and strengthen their bilateral aviation relationship and to expand all-cargo international air transport opportunities in order to facilitate increased and more efficient commerce and trade;
Have agreed to amend Article 2 (Grant of Rights) in the Air Transport Agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Republic of Suriname, signed at Paramaribo July 8, 2013 (the “Agreement”), as follows:
Amendments to Article 2 (“Grant of Rights”)
In Article 2 of the Agreement:
- Subparagraph c (i) of paragraph 1 shall be deleted and replaced with the following:
(i) for airlines of the United States, from points behind the United States via the United States and intermediate points to any point or points in Suriname and beyond; and for all-cargo service, between Suriname and any point or points.
- Subparagraph c (ii) of paragraph 1 shall be deleted and replaced with the following:
(ii) for airlines of Suriname, from points behind Suriname via Suriname and intermediate points to any point or points in the United States and beyond; and for all-cargo service, between the United States and any point or points.
- Paragraph 2 shall be amended by deleting the final clause and replacing it with the following:
without directional or geographic limitation and without loss of any right to carry traffic otherwise permissible under this Agreement, provided that, with the exception of all-cargo services, the transportation is part of a service that serves a point in the homeland of the airline.
- Paragraph 3 shall be deleted and replaced with the following:
3. On any segment or segments of the routes above, any airline of a Party may perform international air transportation without any limitation as to change, at any point on the route, in type or number of aircraft operated, provided that, with the exception of all-cargo services, in the outbound direction, the transportation beyond such point is a continuation of the transportation from the homeland of the airline and, in the inbound direction, the transportation to the homeland of the airline is a continuation of the transportation from beyond such point.
Entry into Force
This agreement shall enter into force on the date of signature.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned, being duly authorized by their respective Governments, have signed this agreement.
DONE at Paramaribo, this 25 day of March 2019, in two originals, in the English and Dutch languages, both texts being equally authentic.
|FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
|FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE
REPUBLIC OF SURINAME
|KAREN L. WILLIAMS
AMBASSADOR EXTRAORDINARY AND PLENIPOTENTIARY
MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS